The MX-TS tissue slicer consistently slices sectioned cortical or hippocampal tissue to either a 200-, 300-, or 400-μm thickness in a straightforward operation. Thicknesses are selected by simply replacing the lead screw on the frame winder. This style of tissue slicer ensures consecutive slices of the specifically sectioned area. The MX-TS tissue slicer comes complete with an instructional video, frame winder, frame accelerator, 4 frames, 100 clamping wires, 1000 feet of 20-μm tungsten wire, and 20 Petri dishes.
- Fast Method for Slicing Tissue
- 200-, 300-, or 400 μm
- Minimal Tissue Damage
Summary of operation
- Watch the instruction video - Download from Documents page below.
- Determine slice thickness by selecting the lead screw with the appropriate pitch.
- Wind two sets of slicing frames using the frame winder.
- Slice the wires below the locking bars, but between the slicing frames.
- Mount the pre-wound slicing frames in the guillotine slicer mechanism.
- Set tissues on a bed of agarose at the base of the slicer.
- Release the trigger.
- Release the frame and return the slicer to its top position.
- Place the sample plate in a buffer bath, and the slices will slide apart from each other.
The wire is only 20 microns thick, so adjust the Teflon clutch knob carefully.