Cortical & Hippocampal
Summary of operation
1. Watch the instruction video - see the link at the bottom of
2. Determine slice thickness by selecting the lead screw with the
3. Wind two sets of slicing frames using the frame winder.
The wire is only 20 microns thick, so adjust the Teflon clutch
4. Slice the wires below the locking bars, but between the slicing
5. Mount the pre-wound slicing frames in the guillotine slicer mechanism.
6. Set tissues on a bed of agarose at the base of the slicer.
7. Release the trigger.
8. Release the frame and return the slicer to its top position.
9. Place the sample plate in a buffer bath, and the slices will slide
apart from each other.
The MX-TS tissue slicer consistently slices sectioned cortical or
tissue to either a 200-, 300-, or 400-μm thickness in a straightforward
operation. Thicknesses are selected by simply replacing the lead screw on
the frame winder. This style of tissue slicer ensures consecutive slices
of the specifically sectioned area.
The MX-TS tissue slicer comes complete with an instructional video, frame
winder, frame accelerator, 4 frames, 100 clamping wires, 1000 feet of
tungsten wire, and 20 Petri dishes.